These treats have become a favorite of my dogs. They are rich in protein and omega-3s. They are also really easy to make. I found the recipe in Natural Dog magazine’s 2013 annual.
For these treats you will need:
– 1 14-ounce can of salmon
– 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal. I used golden flaxseed meal.
– 2 egg yolks
1. Drain the can of salmon. Empty drained salmon into a large bowl and finely shred with a fork removing all bones and hard pieces.
2. Add the flaxseed meal and egg yolks. Mix well.
3. Take 1 teaspoon of the mixture and form into flat patties about 1/4 to 3/8 inch thick.
4. Place on dehyrator tray. Patties can be placed close together but should not touch.
5. Dehydrate at 160 degrees for 6-8 hours or until dry and crisp.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within a few weeks. Excess can be frozen.